In Mirage you play an underwater tophat that has coupled together with a human foot, ready to explore its surreal surroundings. By grabbing eyes and other body parts along the way, the tophat can perceive the world differently.
Mirage is a game by Mario von Rickenbach. The game is currently in development for Mac/PC.
- Independent Games Festival, 2012, San Francisco, USA – Nominated for «Excellence in Visual Art»
- European Indie Game Days, 2012, Marseille, FR – Grand Prize
- European Indie Game Days, 2012, Marseille, FR – Originality Award
- BIG Festival, 2012, São Paulo, BR – Nominated for «Best Audio»
- BIG Festival, São Paulo, BR (upcoming)
- AMAZE Interact, 2012, Johannesburg, ZA
- Darklight Festival, 2012, Dublin, IE
- European Indie Game Days, 2012, Marseille, FR
- Swiss Game Lounge, House of Switzerland – Olympics United Kingdom, 2012, London, UK
- FMX conference, 2012, Stuttgart, DE
- Amaze Indie Connect ZHdK showcase, 2012, Berlin, DE
- Independent Games Festival IGF, 2012, San Francisco, USA
- Swiss games arcade 2012, Swissnex, 2012, San Francisco, USA
- Figurentheaterfestival, 2011, Basel, CH
- Realidades virtuais, Goethe Institut, 2011, Lisbon, PT
- Swiss Games Arcade 2011, Swissnex, 2011, San Francisco, USA
- 20th anniversary exhibition, Cumulus Design Network, 2010, Shanghai, CN
- Spiel Computer Spiel, 2010, Stuttgart, DE
- Visual Playgrounds – The Aesthetics of Independent Games, Fantoche, 2010, Baden, CH
Soundtrack & Live performances
Andi Bissig is a swiss Jazz saxophonist and composer, who recently graduated from Lucerne's Jazz school. He composed all Mirage in-game music, and performs it live with his band together with Mario playing the game. If you're interested in organizing a performance, contact Andi.
Mirage live performances by:
- Andi Bissig - sax, electronics, compositions
- David Heizmann - guitar, efx.
- Simon Iten - bass, efx.
- Vincent Glanzmann - drums, perc.
- Mario von Rickenbach - game
ScreenshotsHere are a few screenshots. A high resolution package is available here: mirage_screenshots.zip
Mirage initially started as my bachelor thesis project at the Zurich University of the Arts – Specialization Game Design.